Tuesday, October 05, 2010

CTS - My results

After crossing the finish line I knew I was later than expected and didn't want to miss the food, beer and camaraderie.  I packed the bike in the car filthy dirty, donned my jeans, Hakkalugi shirt, sun hat and real glass rose coloured lenses (none of this polycarbonate business that I've been riding with over the last 3 days) and headed back to the food tent.

A great BBQ and awards ceremony later and I was on the road home giving a ride to one of the volunteers who lived very close.  Fun conversation on his post-doctorate work in a nanotechnology lab at UoT to keep me alert on the drive and a welcome reception at home with fantastic curry to help me re-supply those depleted micro nutrients.

Results (http://www.cranktheshield.com/results.html)
Day 1 28/45 in the 30-39 male (my time 6h10m – fastest was 3h32m – slowest was 8h46m)
Day 2 28/40 in the 30-39 male (my time 6h31m – fastest was 3h37m – slowest was 9h22m)
Day 3 38/41 in the 30-39 male (my time 5h11m – fastest was 2h41m – slowest was 6h18m)
I placed 29th of 40 finishers in my category with a total time in the saddle of 17h53m – 167th of 211 overall.

Can't wait until next year's single day event where I can drag along all my friends and also participate in the charitable Paul's Dirty Enduro.  2011 may even eclipse 2010 for MTB greatness.

Pictoral evidence of my experience can be found here:
http://racedayrush.zoomphoto.ca/v5/event_gallery_search.php?frmIndex=140&submit=Search&event=13355&photog=racedayrush

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home